Thursday, July 19, 2012

Jesus

The other night Oliver wasn't sleeping.  He had went to bed at 8 or 8:30 & at 10:30 he was still laying awake in bed.  Now he wasn't crying, fussing for being loud but after checking on him twice at 10:30 I decided to bring him into our room.  Dusty & I were watching a movie and so we thought what the heck he hasn't been in here in a long time & sometimes it is fun to have a little slumber party with him.

As we were laying there I started to ask Oliver about Jesus.  I think I said did you know Jesus is always with you? and he said Yes.  This got my curiosity going from reading Heaven in for Real.  Now Oliver has not almost died or anything but I thought of having a "Child-like faith".  I then said "Oliver do you see Jesus?" thinking he would say no he started to look around the room & he said "nope" but I thought...that is interesting he acted as if he knew what Jesus looked like.  So I asked him "What does Jesus look like?" he first said "umm I don't know" and then after a pause he pointed to the lamp that was on in the dark room...He said Jesus looked like a bright light...At this point Dusty got involved in the conversation because I think he was becoming more curious.  So Dusty asked him "Did you see his eyes" Oliver said yes & then Dusty said "What did they look like" Oliver couldn't say he kept saying I don't know...so Dusty said "did they look like fire?" and Oliver excitedly said "YEAH!"

Anyways we thought this was very interesting & so I thought I would share it with all of you.  I think it is beautiful the faith that our children are able to have & it just proves that when they are little they are able to understand who Jesus is.  And to know that Jesus does make himself known to the little children of the world.

I encourage you to talk to your children about Jesus.  I know most of you do but I also don't know who all reads my blog.  I also encourage you to have a childlike faith...don't doubt, just believe!

Have a blessed weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. This is so neat. If Abe is ever having trouble sleeping, we encourage him to ask Jesus to come and lie with him and comfort him. It never occurred to me that perhaps Abe has felt Jesus' nearness in such a tangible way! Maybe sometime I'll ask him too!

    ReplyDelete