Sunday, June 3, 2012

Kitchen Remodel/Rennovation

Our Kitchen Remodel/Rennovation!


Here is our kitchen before we moved in.  I just hated how "blah" it was and that every where you looked it was the same color of wood.

This is to the Right of the refrigerator, this was where they had there microwave.  This is the home of our future built in  custom cabinet

Above the stove/oven where we wanted the new microwave to go

Before picture

Here was the kitchen once we moved in.  Notice we added our new microwave, above the oven & put a different cabinet in above it.

Next I wanted to add a chalk wall to put our weekly menu up & to display special events - such as birthday's, anniversary's & days we go to the ZOO or pool

Once the tape was removed


Dusty bought some trim & painted it to match the new paint & put it up.  Our menu board is now functioning!

This is what we came home to after vacation, talk about a surprise!  Kenny Ober painted the cabinets for us & the drying was taking longer than expected.  We went a few days wit the kitchen looking like this.  On the bright side since it had only been 2 weeks since we moved in, we didn't really know our way around the kitchen yet so this helped us to learn where everything was before he came & put the doors up!

future home to my built in!


Kitchen is FINISHED! Well besides the bar stools that need to be purchased :0)  I bought a few new accessories for the kitchen & the beautiful orchid was a gift for my birthday - yes it still looks amazing after a month!!!

A head on view of the kitchen

My new built in!!!!  I love it!  I really wanted a place to display my favorite of things and we need a solution for our empty space so I designed this myself :0)  I went & ordered the built in & when we got it it didn't fit right b/c of the granite back splash so Dusty cut it & installed it himself - he did a MARVELOUS job!  We also added pulls on the drawers instead of handles & I think that alone made the kitchen look much better.


We had a lot of fun redoing the kitchen, I probably had more fun than dusty because I got to the shopping & he got to do the installing.  It was also encouraging to be able to do a major project like this and stay under budget, yes UNDER budget.  We have a lot of other projects we want to tackle like the guest room & Gia's room both have wall paper, Gia's is pretty bad :0) and we still need to put Oliver's room together - all in good time is what I keep telling myself  :0)


Thanks for reading & I hope you enjoyed!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Hard to believe how much it changed....looking good!!

    love mom

    ReplyDelete