Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Asian Pasta Salad

I think this is a great dish for a warm summer day!  It is loaded with lot's of fresh veggies & served cold!

 

Asian Pasta Salad

Ingredients

8 oz Linguine uncooked (I used spaghetti because I have A LOT on hand)
3 Cups Broccoli Florets
12 Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
4 Green Onions, Sliced
2 Large Carrots, Sliced
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds, Toasted
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Dark Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp Hot Sauce
1 Large Garlic Clove, Minced
Chicken Breast (optional)

Directions:

Cook pasta, drain, rinse with cold water.  Add broccoli, tomatoes, onion & carrots.
In a jar combine the rest of the ingredients & shake vigorously.  Pour over pasta & toss gently.

To toast Sesame Seeds place in sauce pan on stove top over medium high heat until they turn golden.

3 comments:

  1. Delicious! I don't have sesame oil, but I would be willing to get some just to make this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! i'm going to have to try this, looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really really good, but I don't enjoy cold pasta dishes as well as hot. I think it'd be good hot too, don't you?

    ReplyDelete