Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Apple Pie & The G-ster

Okay so a few days ago - probably Friday Oliver started talking about Apple Pie.  I had no idea why, I don't make pie (I don't really like it) and we hadn't talked about it.  Well I realized he had seen it on t.v. (word world) they were making LOTS and LOTS of apple pies so I think he had it stuck in his head.  He would randomly just look at me and say "Bapple pie" and I would laugh & then he would and this cont. for several days.  Well yesterday I decided to make his dreams come true so we made an apple pie!  During the process dusty & I joked that he probably won't even like it (Oliver doesn't eat sweets very well...) and so we said he has this glorious thing in his head that probably won't compare.  Well here is the journey of "Bapple Pie" + some pics of Gia at the end :0)

Homemade crust

Mommy sliced and Ollie placed

Done placing the apples!  This was a GREAT way for him to help I found because while I was slicing he was putting them in the pie so it really wasn't a "waste" of time for me to have him help which was nice.  Win-Win situation :0)

View from the top

Pouring in the filling

Ready to put in the oven (5 sec. after I put it in I realized I forgot the extra sugar & cinnamon on top - I took it out & added it at that point)

Oliver wanted to hold Gia - It's really not as bad as it looks

So I pulled it back out of the oven & then realized I needed to put my crust shield on well the actual shield was too big so dusty came in and made one

Crust shield done! I had to add this picture because of Gia - I think its funny and thought the family would laugh.  It really draws attention to her ears :0)

Playing with Valentines Day gift - Microphone, while the pie was baking

TADA!  It was done!  Ollie was SO excited! He refused to have his picture taken with it in the kitchen soooo...

He went and pulled up two chairs for us to sit in while showing off our pie.  Here it is!

Sealing it with a Kiss :0)

More playing while it cooled - rubber band balloons purple is G's and green is Oliver's

It didn't cool in time so he got to have his pie after lunch.

Ready to taste it!  (I was very nervous!)

G watching in anticipation

First bite

He loved it!

Trying to get some pictures of G that A. Alyssa requested

All that was left of the pie.  So glad he liked it!!!

Gianna has a very hard time taking pictures so there are a lot!  She seems to like to squint after the flash which usually catches her looking funny.  So I tried hard to get some good ones.

Playing with the wooden spoon

Cheese!

Such long legs!

and arms...I love how mischievous Oliver looks!

Playing with a container

Oliver came and got me he wanted me to see Gia's hat :0)  She wasn't happy she was crawling quickly to me :0)

These next ones are older but I thought they were cute

G takes big girl baths now

and when she is lucky Oliver lets her join him!

yes that is G.  I thought the pic was so cute even though she is in Oliver's boy jammies

Playing piano - favorite activity - sorry it is not the right direction

Hope you enjoyed!  Sorry it took so long to get a post up!

3 comments:

  1. I did not even notice her ears until I read the comment....I did think she looked under the influence tho!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics, Erin! That pie did look really yummy...love apple pie, right out of the oven. Gia's ear piercings are hilarious :) And, she totally looks like Ollie in his pjs!! Hope to see you tonight at church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pie crust is beautiful! And Gia is growing so much!! So sweet. Thanks for posting them....give them hugs and kisses for me! XOXO

    ReplyDelete